Monday, August 25, 2008

The dreaded cold

Woke up this morning with this horrible head cold, have been suffering with it for about 2 days now. Apparently it seems to be some sort of flu virus that my dearest roomie passed on with great generosity to all around. Anyways here I am with the famous “jeladoshm” as we say in my native language and I need to beat the hell out of it. So today I am going to walk you through the general household remedies we take to cure the damn cold.


The first one is pepper coffee, its really soothing trust me. I have observed that this is something we follow around my native and for some reason it is pretty unheard of to the rest of the junta, unlike the next few remedies. Basically you have to make really light coffee with a good amount of crushed pepper in it. This concoction should be consumed warm. I think light black pepper coffee is more effective, but they usually recommend milk coffee with pepper for children. The next is light ginger tea. Again this should be really light with lots of grated ginger and it is most effective when consumed warm.


Another one of the therapies that I know of is, to let water come to a boil with Basil or “Tulsi” leaves, then let it cool down and drink this concoction periodically, this is pretty effective too. When I have a cold I prefer drinking things warm. Water boiled with fenugreek seeds or “Jeera” is also pretty good for cleansing the system. This should be taken regularly during the day. This is a good therapy for fever too. Basically when you have fever you should try consuming as much water as possible so as to cleanse your system.


So well that is about the “gyan” I know for the common cold and hopefully I am going to be rid of this cold soon. Speaking of “Tulsi” we were supposed to get a “Tulsi” plant for our home and at the rate we take care of our house I really wonder how long the plant will survive. I had one at home though which Dad used to take good care of.

No comments:

Web Site Counter
Avis.com Car Rental