Saturday, September 6, 2008

Best Friends

I think it is the weather, the Hurricane Hanna effects that we experiencing in CP or whatever is in the air now, I decided to write about Best Friends in general. I remember Vikas, one of my best friends, with a heart that was so pure, wherever you are Vikas I hope you read this sometime, (I never let my hopes drop down).


I have these fond memories, of having lunch with you, I loved the chappathi's and allu sabbjji that you used to get and it took me days maybe even weeks to realize that you would never come back to occupy the first place in that line for Class 1C, but there are still times when I remember you, and wonder how the world would be if you were here, maybe you would be a doctor like Munni, or maybe you would be like me or maybe you would have taken a different path, but this is just to reach out to you.


I still remember that day during assembly when your sister was wailing and Bhatia Ma'am was consoling her and I didnt have the faintest idea why you would never be there to play with me again. But when I think of that today my eyes well and I really wish you would be there here by my side!


I have many best friends, all along the way, every new stop I make in life I end up having atleast one best friend but as life rolls on we kind off lose touch with our best friends, not our fault not theirs, its just destiny's little crime, maybe an excuse may be not even. We lose some of them to time and some of them to ego but life still goes on.


We still remember them in those moments of reminiscence and we know that no matter what, we still have that special place reserved for them, but trust me it makes a world of a difference if you pick up the phone now and speak to one of those many best friends, time would have flown by, too much water would have flown over the bridge but still the warmth that it brings is far too valuable to be weighed with anything.


One of my friends', friends' recently asked me to watch out for her, I do not know if it is the fear of straying on the wrong path or if it is because she senses that my friend seems to be lost and needs someone but I found that so touching, we maybe at our points of highs or lows but still our best friends are always there to care for us, miles away, minutes away, sometimes even eons away. The feeling is in itself truly refreshing, so here is to Best Friends and in particular to Vikas, I know you will be there high above in heaven smiling down at me right now.

No comments:

Web Site Counter
Avis.com Car Rental