Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fire drill...

Its official, I finally do not have to bother my supervisor for a visitor pass, I have my entry to the Society. I finally feel like I have achieved something in life! Always wanted to be different and do something that I really wanted to do and here I am, living my dream to the fullest, the feeling is so enriching...

First day and a fire drill, I was for a change trying to work and there goes the buzzer... I get a chance to see the behind the scenes brains :)...

As I walk through the streets of D.C, I see this poster outside the Society,

A young mother putting her baby to sleep, I guess its shot in Somalia, a fragile little thing his head resting on a piece of cloth and the barren parched earth beneath, all cracked and not a drop of water in sight to even bind it together.He seemed to be enjoying his nap, despite the fact that he has no shelter what so ever to protect him from the blazing sun.

Some of us are so lucky in life...

there are so many people world over who do not have a place to live, a roof to shelter them from the sun or the rain or for whom a days meal may just be what we threw away. Wish there was some way I could direct all that food to the millions in dire need of it...

Kudos to the guys who bring out the truth as it is...

No comments:

Web Site Counter
Avis.com Car Rental